Deep-penetration water and salt barrier
Saltguard WB is a water-based, ready-to-use, VOC-compliant silane/siloxane water repellent and chloride screen for the protection of concrete and masonry. Low-odor and alkaline-stable, Saltguard WB is ideal for field or in-plant application to concrete and most masonry.
- SHELF LIFE1 year in tightly sealed, unopened container
- VOC CONTENT<25 g/L low solids coating
- FORMWhite liquid, odorless
- COVERAGE RATE50-300 sq ft/gal. See Product Data Sheet for variations per substrate.
- FREEZE POINT32° F (0° C)
- FLASH POINT>212° F (>100° C)
- TOTAL SOLIDS4.2%
- WT/GAL8.24 lbs
- AVAILABLE SIZES1-gal, 5-gal, 55-gal
- Treated surfaces “breathe” – doesn’t trap moisture.
- Effective protection against de-icing salts and salt air.
- Penetrates to produce long-lasting protection on vertical or horizontal surfaces.
- Water-based formula minimizes explosion and fire hazards associated with alcohol- or solvent-based water repellents.
Saltguard® WB protects horizontal and vertical surfaces from moisture intrusion and chemical attack of chloride salts.
In coastal areas, Saltguard® WB protects against salt air by screening chlorides from penetrating through concrete to the reinforcing steel. Saltguard® WB reduces rebar corrosion and surface spalling caused by water-carried salts. Use Saltguard® WB on horizontal surfaces such as driveways, sidewalks, and tile, brick and sandstone pavers. Provides excellent protection for retaining walls, bridge pilings and other vertical areas exposed to de-icing salts.
Saltguard® WB is an effective alternative to conventional solvent-based silanes and siloxanes. Saltguard® WB penetrates and chemically bonds deep within the concrete or masonry substrate to provide long-lasting protection against moisture intrusion and water-related staining or deterioration. Properly applied, Saltguard® WB produces no surface film. Treated surfaces keep their natural breathing characteristics and natural appearance.